Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Happy New Year

Welcome to the first Blog of 2009. It is good at the beginning of a New Year to look forward to what God will do in the coming months. Here are some of my thoughts and prayers:

1. For our marriage, that Annmarie and I will continue to keep God at the centre and seek to grow together in him. Also, that we will not take each other or our marriage for granted.

2. For study, that God would continue to teach me, not that I would simply gain academic knowledge, but that his Word would impact every area of life.

3. For church life, that I would be able to serve God in the ministries that he has given me to do, that I would be a real help and encouragement to everyone.

3. For work, that I would be able to do my job to the best of my ability and to God's glory, that I would demonstrate something of Jesus as I carry out what I have to do.

4. For family and friends that I would act in the right way at all times and learn from the example of Christ.

It's really great to know that I do not have to do these things in my own strength, in fact I could not do so. I am thankful that God is always at work in me. In Philippians we are reminded

"continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." (Philippians 2 v 12 - 13 NIV)

Let's pray that throughout 2009.

No comments: