You may have been wondering, but there again you may not. I know, it's nearly 2 months since the last post. I did say I was going to comment some more on the Emergent Church etc. I do intend to do that, hopefully in the not too distant future.
But what have I been doing?
I have spent time seeking God. I am not saying that to show off or somehow to sound spiritual, but I have realised that I need to spend time with him talking to him, listening to him, in communication with him. I am not claiming that I have somehow got my relationship with him perfect - I realise I still have a long way to go. In fact the further I go on in the Christian life the further I realise I have to go.
I have had a few opportunities to preach over these months, in fact I am preaching tomorrow at Ballycullen, a Church Plant from Grosvenor. God has been very good and, I believe, has spoken through his Word as I have preached. That is not to give me the credit - it is his Holy Spirit that has been at work.
He has, though, confirmed through my seeking him and preaching that it is there, bringing his Word, that he is leading me. I am very humbled by that - it is an awesome responsibility to handle the Scriptures and bring what God is saying to those listening.
I am looking forward to the next year in IBI to continue in the training process for ministry.
Annmarie and I are going to meet our Pastor later in the Summer to discuss things further.
I promise I won't leave it as long before posting again!
Symbio Wildlife Park
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment